Midlife: With or Without Color?

From …                                                                          To …

Life with Passion

Life with Passion

Life with Passion

Life without Passion

A 2005 Harris Interactive Study showed that only 20% of Americans are passionate about what they do. That leaves 80% who are leading lives somewhere from “quiet desperation” to “dull and boring.”  Life without color!

This theme came through loud and clear in a movie I saw this past week – “An Education.”  It’s the coming-of-age story about a young teenage girl in the early sixties in suburban London.  Her parents, especially her mother, appear to be living lives relatively close to the “quiet desperation” end of the continuum. 

Jenny wants something more out of life and finds it when she meets a playboy twice her age. Her “grey” life all of a sudden becomes filled with color. Her passion for the exciting new lifestyle leads her to experiences she could only have imagined in her dreams, at least for a while. I’ll leave the story there so as not to spoil the ending in case you see the movie.

The point here: passion for living, for doing those things that are truly important to you, will add so much color to each day. You will wake up with a new zest for life … joyful and excited, ready to take on each new challenge. Passion is the motivator that will help you achieve success.

If you don’t know what you’re passionate about, take The Passion Test™. The participants in my workshop this past weekend found it to be a real eye-opener!  Contact me – evelin@blueprints4change.com

Be Sociable, Share!

No Comments

No comments yet.

RSS feed for comments on this post. TrackBack URI

Leave a comment

WordPress Themes